Last May 14, 2015 the Unites States Embassy American Citizens Services along with the Department of Veterans Affairs and the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services conducted an outreach event to provide vital services to United States citizens not only in the City of Baguio but also the entire North Luzon Region. The event was held at the 19th T, Forest Lodge Camp John Hay, Loakan Road, Baguio City. The event happened from 8:00am to 11:00am.
— U.S. Embassy Manila (@usembassymanila) May 14, 2015
For Future Reference These Were The Services Offered During the Event:
The American Citizens Services Provided:
- Accepting applications for Passports and Consular Reports
of Birth Abroad
- Information on registering with the Embassy
- Notaries and affidavits of legal capacity to marry
in the Philippines
Department of Veterans Affairs – Vocational and Rehabilitation and Employment Conducted:
- Dissemination of information to US regular servicemen
regarding the VR&E services;
- Motivation of qualified and eligible veterans to avail of these
- Follow-up with those who have already claimed VR&E
- Monitoring of the progress of those who are on training; Explore employment options & provide employment
services for those who are on the job ready status.
- Answering general questions regarding VA and take claims
for processing in Manila. Detailed questions may have
to be referred to Manila
US Citizenship and Immigration Services Provided:
- Distribution of DHS forms and guidelines regarding DHS
- Instructions for filing such applications/petitions
- Information related to Immigration matters
The United States American Citizens Services said that they will be conducting several similar activities in Baguio City every year. This is to help US Citizens in the region to acquire important services such as birth registration and passport renewals. To keep up to date as to when will be the next future activities of US Embassy ACS, US Citizens living or visiting this region are encouraged to register with the embassy via https://step.state.gov/step/.