5 Ways To Cool Down This Summer
Blame it on climate change, Baguio City’s weather is also becoming hotter with its high temperature ranging from 23-27 degrees Celsius. If you have been living in the City of Pines this temperature could be considered as hot although this range of temperature is way lower than those places in the lowlands. This summer season is indeed bringing in the heat. It is because of this that everyone is looking for ways to cool down. Here are some of our suggestions on how you can keep cool this summer season.
- Drink Cold Water – pretty obvious, but of course, many of us still resort to drinking sugary drinks rather than water. Have you ever wondered why after drinking soda and other sweet drinks that you still feel thirsty? It is because of the sugar contained in the drink. Water is the best thirst quencher and a bottle of cold, really cold, water will definitely help you beat the heat.
- Halo-Halo Anyone? – the Filipino’s all-time favorite dessert takes center stage during summer. Although there are several choices of restaurants that serve this icy dessert, wouldn’t it be nice if you can also make it in the comfort of your home? All you need is an ice shaver, some of your favorite toppings and voila! you can enjoy a cold halo-halo at home.
- Cool Down With Tech – aside from the popular air conditioning units and electric fans there are some other products of technology that can help you cool down this summer. Tech products such as mini air conditioning units, mini USB fans, and USB air-condition units are just some of these products that could help you cool down.
- Beat the Heat With Spicy Food – sounds weird? How can you beat the heat with heat? Perspiration actually is our body’s cooling mechanism. So by eating spicy food, perhaps a spicy and generous serving of ramen, it will induce our body to perspire which in return cool our body down.
- Visit Baguio City’s cool places – when we say cool, these are places that have so many trees that it protects you from too much sunlight. Which also means that the place is much cooler than the other parts of the city because of the trees’ cooling effect to the environment.
It is important to cool down and escape the heat, as it does give adverse effect to our body. We cannot enjoy the summer vacation if our body does not function well because of the scorching heat. There are of course other ways to cool down this summer and we’d love to hear from you! Please comment your suggestions at the comment section below.